Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Knocked Up

Well, Alex thought this was funny. But then he has never been knocked up. I liked the plastic vulva at the end of the movie- and the fake baby - couldn't they find someone like Paris Hilton or Britney Spears to be the body double for that? I mean, come on. It was faker than the one in Dr T and the Women. Some people have praised this film because the couple actually keeps the baby and tries to learn to like one another so the child can be brought up knowing its parents. The problem here is not that, but that Katherine Heigel, a very pretty woman, has a one nighter with the nastiest looking dude in non-rural America. This guy is so gross that not even a drunk skank would go home with him. The premise is so dumb. If Heigel was going to have a one night stand, there is NO WAY someone of her character's education and looks would have to settle for a big, fat, unkempt, boring and childish idiot like the character she beds. I don't know Seth Rogan, but I hope in real life he is not as gross. He was like a human Shrek, underbite and all. Alex laughed out loud most of the movie as did most of the other guys. I just sat there kind of puzzled, feeling sorry for Heigel, and wondering how human nature could have made this big mess for her character. I feel like Scrooge. I KNOW everyone else in America likes it and takes it at face value. But how could a grown woman not be on the pill? Or sleep with someone so yucky? Or even tell the guy if she wanted to keep the baby? It was just more like a mystery movie to me than a comedy. Sorry.