Sunday, May 19, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness 3D

Of course I loved this- though it wasn't at all what I expected due to J J Abrams. You know what I mean by that. I was in high school when the very first Star Trek with wild Bill Shatner came out. I thought it was the campiest thing I'd ever seen. I still do. I assume it was a tribute to our naivete and obsession with outer space that made some people go stark, staring crazy over it. The only episode I liked was the one with tribbles. And there happens to BE a tribble in this one. But I have been a huge fan of the full-length movies that have been made. Enough of me. This is not quite as good as the last one, but it is good enough. The 3 D just didn't impress me. The edges were fuzzy on occasion. So so don't bother with the 3D. There was little "back story" in this- but I guess the special effects are supposed to make up for it. You will learn one VERY interesting thing in this movie. Something you've always wondered. That alone is worth the ticket.