Monday, January 16, 2017

Sing Street

This movie has gotten fantastic reviews because it is fun and in many ways, wise and hopeful.  I liked it so much that I found my new favorite love song in it . Seriously, the lyrics were so sweet that I got the only available sheet music for it I could find and then I put the soundtrack on my playlists. 
Fourteen year old Conor lives in Dublin, where he older brother is a sweet slacker and his parents are, well, done but still fighting to prove it to everyone. He has to change schools and winds up in a strict Catholic boys school with a strict headmaster ( if you are a game of thrones fan, you'll recognize him as Petyr Baelish). So how to break the misery? Start a band, get a crush on the pretty girl across the street, and then make it work. The sound track is great, the story is great, and frankly, it was the best movie of last year that I saw.  The lead, Ferdia Walsh-Peelo, is charming and talented. Here is a link to the song I liked  To Find You Sing Street
It is on demand now. So go demand it!